Monday, March 22, 2010

Crazy Idea

So tonight I was thinking a lot as I was washing the dishes and got a crazy idea. After running it past Jason, I think it actually might be a crazy idea that's a good idea, but wanted to get more input. After Halloween I realized how incredibly difficult holidays are having kids with food allergies. Christmas and Easter are just confirming this. I had already decided that next year I would throw my kids a Halloween party that was allergy friendly where they could invite some friends, but now I'm wondering if I should rethink my plans.

What if I threw an allergy friendly Halloween Party for the community? If I combined my kids' food allergy lists together, it would be quite friendly for a lot of kids, who otherwise may not be able to enjoy the holiday. I could advertise through doctor's offices, schools, the paper, and many more places, asking for a donation to help cover the costs of foods, prizes, games, decorations, etc.. It would be a party where parents and children alike could really relax and enjoy themselves. If it was successful for Halloween, why not do one at Christmas and Easter too? I'm sure I could get help from other parents I know.

I'm really liking this idea and am definitely up for the work that would be involved. Knowing myself and just how much our lives have changed because of the allergies, if I saw something advertised like this, I would definitely look into it. The first party may be small, but I'm guessing the attendance would grow at every event, as long as they were fun enough.

So what do you think? Is this idea too crazy?

1 comment:

  1. Crazy? Of course not! Go for it! My only worry would be just what strangers might come into your house, but if you advertised through the right groups, you probably wouldn't have too much to worry about.

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete